Thursday 8 September 2011

Ratatouille - post run bliss!

I have spent the last few days on holiday (in a very wet and windy Cornwall) and so the training has taken a bit of a hit. I have also consumed too much rich food and am feeling quite sluggish. To combat this (and because the 10k race is THIS Sunday) I have run two days in a row and have made a super healthy dinner that's lasted my husband and I two nights. I also have enough left for lunch tomorrow. :-)

Here's my ratatouille with cous cous and wholemeal flat bread:






It was very easy to make and great for using up vegetables and tinned beans. I just fried off some onions and garlic in a little olive oil, added about 8 chopped tomatoes and a couple of handfuls of chopped runner beans (yep, they are still growing!) and let it all simmer. I also fried up some mushrooms, peppers and courgettes in a separate dish and then added them to the tomato mixture - with all the juices - and some olives and tinned butter beans. To accompany the ratatouille I made some simple cous cous (wholemeal) and chucked in some capers, a tin of sweetcorn and some feta cheese. To finish it off I grilled some flat bread sprinkled with a little extra virgin olive oil, garlic and thyme. Oh, I also added some houmous. It's the kind of dish that lends itself to any vegetables - it just needs a good amount of tomatoes (and I would always go for fresh ones when available)

It tasted great post run and felt healthy too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment