Monday 12 September 2011

Apple and Blackberry Pie

We have a beautiful apple tree at the bottom of our garden, but never seem to do anything with the apples and so they often go to waste. We also neglect our growing blackberry bush. I suppose the slugs and maggots are happy in our garden!



However, this year we've been ploughing through the fruits and I have found a great recipe on the BBC's Good Food Guide:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2749/gales-blackberry-and-apple-pi


This is my husband throwing me apples :-)










And here are the results!























It's great as there's not too much pastry nor sugar so it's not overly unhealthy. We only had a few handfuls of blackberries growing in our garden so I put in quite a few extra apples instead.

1 comment:

  1. mm this looks tasty! I made an apple and blackberry pie too the other week, a Nigel Slater pie with blackberries foraged from the hedgerows near our house, and apples from a friend at work, so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete