Tuesday 27 September 2011

post-run muesli bars (more like granola...)

To celebrate a really good fartlek running session I decided to make muesli bars. I did this last week too, but my attempt wasn't very successful and I ended up with a container full of granola. I realised my mistake - not enough butter (trying to be too healthy) - so this time around I thought I would follow a recipe and use as much butter an needed. However, I am now left with a sticky pile of granola! I have no idea what went wrong. I followed the recipe (well, mostly - I substituted some oats for bran and prunes for apricots, but the quantities were right) and when I brought the tray out of the oven they looked good...

Golden muesli bars - looked good in the tray, not so good out of it

However, on attempting to lift them out of the tray they pretty much all collapsed into a heap. So, now I have incredibly buttery and sweet granola for breakfast.

There's no point adding a link to this recipe - I wouldn't bother using it again. In fact, I think I'll give up on my muesli bar/flap jack quest.

At least I had a very good run today! Less than three weeks to the half marathon. Feeling good, but still need to do the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment