Sunday 29 January 2012

Hugh F-W - my new crush!

Whilst I haven't abandoned my quest to cook all of Delia's recipes in her Vegetarian book, I have ignored it of late in favour of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Veg book. I followed the TV series and am now addicted to the recipes. I have found them straight forward, very tasty and, most importantly, different from other recipe books. Instead of replacing meat with tofu, or relying heavily on eggs and cheese, he simply celebrates the veg!

Here are a selection of dishes I have made using his cook book:

Stuffed Squash with Leeks


Kale and Mushroom lasagne



Swede speltotto


Spinach, penne and cheese spouffle

And here are some of the dishes my husband has made:

Squash and walnut toastie

Tahini dressed courgette and green bean salad

Kale speltotto with goat's cheese
My husband loves Hugh too.

No comments:

Post a Comment