Wednesday 11 January 2012

Seems to be getting worse!

This is what all runners dread: Injury! Especially after deciding to do their first marathon! I think I either have tendonitis in the arch of my foot or plantar fasciitis. Either way it hurts. It is no better (and, in fact, feels worse) after three days of rest. I'e been icing my foot every day for around 20 minutes and keeping it elevated where possible. I tried yoga the other day, but found it difficult as I could only balance on my good foot meaning that for some of the class I had to sit on my mat waiting patiently until the next move.

I will be attempting swimming in the next few days (not my favourite sport!) to see how that goes. I'm quite intrigued by running in the pool. There are floats available that allow you to do this - hopefully that will keep up my aerobic activity whilst my foot gets better.

Over 4 months until the Copenhagan marathon. If I can start training again in Feb I'm hoping that I can at least do the marathon, although may have to walk some of it.

Ah well, I'll just have to focus more on cooking :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment