Wednesday 15 February 2012

Valentine's Day Meal

Yesterday I cooked a three course meal for my husband and I using the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall book and a great recipe I found on the Good Food Guide website. I was really pleased with the results and the whole cooking process took me under two hours. My husband spent an hour washing up though ;-)

For starters we had the Cambodian Wedding Day Dip. It tasted amazing (better than it looks). It was really creamy with a hint of crunch from the peanut butter. I also made a salad of green beans and roasted tomatoes in a tahini dressing (inspired by H F-W)








For the main meal I made the courgette and rice filo pie, which we had with the remainder salad. I loved this dish as the rice cooks in the courgette juices inside the pie.









Dessert was made using a recipe from the Good Food Guide:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3431/chocolate-brownie-cake

This was made even more calorific with Hagen Daaz chocolate cookie ice cream :-)



Such a lovely evening. And enough food left over to have the exact same meal today. Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment