Wednesday 15 February 2012

6 weeks on... first 20 minutes on treadmill!

After six weeks without running, I am pleased to say I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill today! No painful after effects so I can deem it a success. For the last few weeks I have been swimming, pool running, cycling and yoga-ing - everything I can possibly do without putting pressure on my foot. It seems to have done the trick and I am now pain free. I've also stretched using the many different methods suggested (including rolling a ball and a frozen bottle under my foot). This website has been a help:

http://plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_exercises.html#.TzRErdnNyw4.facebook

I'm unsure whether I can run the marathon in May, but at least I can re-start the training now and see how I feel...

On the plus side, I have become a better swimmer! I've also quite enjoyed the pool running using the device shown below. Quite unusual, but you strap it around you and run the length of the pool. It's probably quite annoying to be in the same lane as me whilst I'm doing this exercise! (It's a very slow exercise)



No comments:

Post a Comment