Sunday 9 October 2011

Alternative training

So, I still have shin splints. It's been a week since I last ran, and I have a week until the half marathon. I keep on kidding myself that there's no pain in my shins, only to be reminded when I try to put pressure on them. I think (well, hope) things are getting better and that I will actually be able to run the race. So far I've tried cross training, rowing, swimming and yoga so that I don't lose any fitness. Only swimming is completely pain free. Annoyingly, it's my least favourite sport - I get really cold in the pool and am not the best swimmer.

My plan next week is to swim at least twice and may be test out a little run on Thursday.

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the shin splints. Those are no fun. =( Hopefully they ease up soon. Jump roping is supposed to be less stress, even though you're still on your feet. Maybe that might be another alternative when you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina, it's really frustrating as the training was going really well. I'm hoping that two weeks off won't do too much harm and I'll be able to run the race... One week to go!

    ReplyDelete